Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Stories we wear


I never thought it was particularly cool when my Mom sent me to school with patches ironed onto the knees of my "Toughskin" jeans. I may have not thought it was cool, but at the time there were plenty of other kids wearing the same sort of fashion.  After all jeans cost money and we all played hard in the creeks, dirt, and bushes.  Holes in jeans wouldn't be "in" until years later and my Mom would have sooner sent me to school without lunch than with holes in my britches.

Fast forward a few years to a fishing trip with some new friends who made a point to remark about a few patches in my waders, right up until I landed the largest fish of the day.  The story was the same then, waders cost money and I fished hard in the creeks, dirt, and bushes.

After watching "Worn Wear" from Patagonia, I have to say that lately my fishing equipment looks far too new and drastically under patched. 

No comments: