Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Flyfishing Myths

I've been working on another project and have neglected my duties around here lately. To make me feel better about my slackness here is a link to an interesting article about the myths surrounding fly fishing.   My favorite from the article:

Another BS myth that annoys me is that you have to be really smart or well-educated to be a fly fisher. Some uppity fly fishers perpetuate that myth and try to impress people by using Latin names for the bugs that trout eat. You can indeed catch some nice trout using an imitation of the Pteronarcys californica, but all you really need to know is that you want to tie on a black woolly worm when the trout are eating black bugs.

I'm pretty sure I've met "Latin bug guy" before.   Feel free to name your favorite myths in the comments.  I like to perpetuate the one about the fish not biting so everyone should just stay home..

No comments: